How to Update Local EB Developers Edition

Jump to solution
01-30-2024 11:52 AM
JwHayes
New Contributor III

Hello,

How do we update Experience Builder Developers Editions after we have it downloaded and configured locally? I've been looking around and haven't come up with anything.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you asking how to upgrade from one version of Developer Edition to another, say 1.11 to 1.13?

The upgrade process goes like this:

1. Download the new version of Developer Edition and unzip it to a new working folder.
  2. Run npm ci in both the server and client folders.
  3. Copy the contents of client/your-extensions in your old version of Experience Builder to the same folder in the new version.
  4. In the server/public/apps folder of your old Experience Builder, you will see a set of numbered folders these represent the ids of the applications you have developed. For each application you wish to upgrade, copy its folder to the corresponding folder in your new version of Experience Builder.
  5. Run npm start for both the client and server folders.

https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/upgrade/

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you asking how to upgrade from one version of Developer Edition to another, say 1.11 to 1.13?

The upgrade process goes like this:

1. Download the new version of Developer Edition and unzip it to a new working folder.
  2. Run npm ci in both the server and client folders.
  3. Copy the contents of client/your-extensions in your old version of Experience Builder to the same folder in the new version.
  4. In the server/public/apps folder of your old Experience Builder, you will see a set of numbered folders these represent the ids of the applications you have developed. For each application you wish to upgrade, copy its folder to the corresponding folder in your new version of Experience Builder.
  5. Run npm start for both the client and server folders.

https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/upgrade/

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
JwHayes
New Contributor III

@JeffreyThompson2 , that's exactly what I'm talking about. Thanks and bunch!

0 Kudos
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

When attempting to import apps from the prior version, I do not see a server/public/apps folder in the newly downloaded experience builder (v. 1.14). 

JaredPilbeam2_0-1714059602031.png

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Try starting your server and client and logging in on localhost to see if that makes the folders. If not, try making the folders manually.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
JaredPilbeam2
MVP Regular Contributor

Simply starting the server in both folders then logging in made no difference. I even cleared browsing history and password cache, then logged in with same client-ID-- still no apps folder. Making the folders manually did it, though! Thanks.

0 Kudos