Using MDCS to create and manage OIC

08-01-2023 02:45 AM
Labels (1)
GiuseppeGentili
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm using MDCS provided with Oriented Management Tools for ArcGIS Pro to create and manage Oriented Imagery Catalog.
I've tried  to define in the XML configuration file the properties of the OIC in the Property node. But it seems that the MDCS scripts does not take care of this settings or the syntax I have used is wrong.

This is for example a setting I did

<Property>
   <properties>'Copyright:text' 'XXXXX';'Copyright:url' 'www.xxxxx.com'</properties>
</Property>

I've also tried without the single quote in the tags, but I didn't get any results:

<Property>
   <properties>Copyright:text 'XXXXX';Copyright:url 'www.xxxxx.com'</properties>
</Property>

I have used both version 2.12 and the latest available on arcgis.com ( https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=36ee0bbedca64a5a8b68d7c69ab51728).
I'll appreciate your reply to help me what's wrong.
Thanks

Giuseppe

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hanitakashi
New Contributor

You could get the ArcGIS Image for ArcGIS Online extension. That then allows to upload, analyse and use imagery in its native format https://100001.onl/

0 Kudos
vickyduran_AerialSphere
New Contributor III

Hi Giuseppe

You can check the OI.xml example provided in the MCDS folder from Oriented Management Tools.

Here is the location it should be installed on your computer: C:\Image_Mgmt_Workflows\OrientedImagery\Dependents\MDCS\Parameter\Config\OI.xml

Following that example, I believe the properties of the OIC should be written as:

<Property>
   ;Copyright:text XXXXX;Copyright:url www.xxxxx.com
</Property>

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
GiuseppeGentili
New Contributor III

Hi,

many thanks for your reply.
Yes, of course, I have given a look at OI.xml file before to open this post.
In your suggestion the tag <property> is missed. This tag is required in the xml node and expected by the OICProperties function that process this data  in the MDCS_UC.py script.
Anyway I have tried several arrangement with and without quotations but my attempts were unsuccessful.
I suspect that OICProperties does not convert the input string of the property key pairs according to the correct parameter syntax expected by the Property tool of the ManageOrientedImagery toolbox. 

0 Kudos