HS+MS AGO COMPETITION RESULTS ARE IN!!

06-05-2017 12:30 PM
CharlieFitzpatrick
Esri Regular Contributor

Hear ye, hear ye! The results are posted! Special congratulations are due to these students! You can see all the national awardees, state winners, and state awardees, and links to their projects, at http://esriurl.com/usk12gis - Map#2 (be sure to explore all 6 frames of the presentation in that #2 slot). Here are the winners and honorable mentions. Congratulations and huge thanks to all who participated!

StudentStory Map

HS WINNER:

Alyssa Isaacson, grade 10

Denfeld High School,

Duluth, MN

MS WINNER:

Chloe Crane, grade 8

George Junior High School

Springdale, AR

HS Honorable Mention:

Zach Thomas, grade 12,

Monroe High School

Monroe, MI

MS Honorable Mention:

Savanna Maddox, grade 7

Jefferson Middle School

Oak Ridge, TN

8 Replies
AnitaPalmer1
Occasional Contributor

A big congratulations to the winners and all of the students who participated and progressed to the national contest. Excited for the next year's competition! Thanks Esri for your support of students in their pursuit of excellence! #k12instruction

AGAAL_Geo_Alliance
New Contributor

I am always impressed at the level of excellence that students portray when they are motivated and engaged because learning is fun! Congratulations to the winners and to all those who competed! I really hope that next year every state has competitors. Let's all be sure to spread the word and get them moving on ideas for next year! And, thanks to everyone at ESRI for their commitment to education. They are one of the few companies who actually get that it starts with the students in the classroom and the teachers who are there to guide them to success. Special thanks to Charlie Fitzpatrick for taking point on this project and for all education managers for lessons and tutorials that my students used to learn the basics. Way to go winners!

ScottFreburg1
Occasional Contributor

Congratulations to ALL participants. Here in Minnesota we are so proud of all 100+ students that entered our Minnesota map competition. 5 middle school and 5 high school winners received $100 Amazon cards. We are especially proud of Teacher Gina Hollinday (Duluth Denfeld) and student Alyssa Isaacson for her winning high school entry in Esri's National Competition. I will be excited to see them both out at EdUC!!

I too hope to see ALL state's getting involved. It is all about collaboration. Get your state GIS professionals involved in mentoring, as well as your GIS business partners.

0 Kudos
HannahTeerman
New Contributor

Hi, 

I submitted a story map for the HS competition, and I was wondering if I could view the rubric scoring for my story map, and see how it was judged. 

Here is my story map link if needed. http://arcg.is/2oRj9cF 

0 Kudos
CharlieFitzpatrick
Esri Regular Contributor

You can see the general rubric that was recommended to states, and some states tweaked these. The general, national rubric is visible in Part IV at https://community.esri.com/message/648602-arcgis-online-us-school-competition-2017 See your state's website to explore if there were modifications posted.

0 Kudos
HannahTeerman
New Contributor

I looked at the rubric before I submitted my project, but thank you! Is there any way to see how my story map was scored? I don't know if my map was looked at or scored fairly by the state.

0 Kudos
CharlieFitzpatrick
Esri Regular Contributor

Please send me an email ((cfitzpatrick@esri.com)) and copy your teacher, so we can do this offline. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JudithBock
New Contributor II

How cool to see the results of this 1st annual contest!  Congrats to all who participated and to the winners who will experience the Conference!

0 Kudos