Social Equity Analysis Solution for parks

Jump to solution
05-26-2022 03:28 PM
Labels (3)
NickDanty
New Contributor

Hello GIS family! San Francisco Rec and Park recently deployed the new Social Equity Analysis solution to better assist us in identifying high needs areas of the city where access to parks is also poor. The Solution makes sense on paper, but we're having difficulty deciphering the terms and tools used in the curated "Tasks." Full disclosure, none of us here are statisticians (just planners), so some of this needs to be dumbed down for us. For example, what is a community asset, condition, and/or outcome? In the parks world, an asset is park but I'm not sure that is what is meant in this Solution. I think what we're looking for is some sort of tutorial or training that exposes us to how the tool works. Does anything like this exist?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sunny_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @NickDanty did you ever get in touch with your Esri support team on this? If not, I can reach out and get you connected.

However I also wanted to make sure you had seen this video on how to use the Solution. An asset in this setting is the location of something to which we want to assess equitability against. So for a park system, it would be the parks of San Francisco. 

I know you posted this a while ago, so I'm curious to follow up with you and learn more! You can reach me at sfleming@esri.com 

cc. @ChrisBuscaglia @MichaelBrown12 

-Sun

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnNergeBrooklynPark
Occasional Contributor II

I don't have an immediate answer but def want to follow this topic to learn!

0 Kudos
Sunny_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hi @NickDanty did you ever get in touch with your Esri support team on this? If not, I can reach out and get you connected.

However I also wanted to make sure you had seen this video on how to use the Solution. An asset in this setting is the location of something to which we want to assess equitability against. So for a park system, it would be the parks of San Francisco. 

I know you posted this a while ago, so I'm curious to follow up with you and learn more! You can reach me at sfleming@esri.com 

cc. @ChrisBuscaglia @MichaelBrown12 

-Sun
0 Kudos
mmcdonald_BLMGTN_MN
New Contributor II

The video you linked to, @Sunny_Esri is good. However, I'm scratching my head wondering how to utilize this tool when the "study areas" are multiple polygons, spread across a city (such as parks) and the only assets you have are located within those study areas. Is there a way to adjust the analysis to be used in this way? Happy to reach out via email. 

0 Kudos