Can geotagged photos near each other become one point?

08-30-2023 04:38 PM
Labels (2)
MollyCasey
New Contributor II

Hi there,

We have been taking photos in the field which are geotagged and I have been uploading them to be used in a web map. I'd like all the photos taken in from the same location to be in one point, but nothing I try will let me do it. I'd love any tips. We tried switching to Survey 123, but we are working in the desert so it made our crews devices overheat. Any solutions for a better process in the future are welcome. Thanks so much!

Tags (3)
2 Replies
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

You could try the workflow suggested here but I am not sure how it will work with your attached photos.

0 Kudos
ClarkSelby
New Contributor III

The Geotagged Video to Photos tool will allow you to extract photos within a certain distance of specified locations.  It is a solution for converting geotagged videos into georeferenced photos at user-defined intervals.

This tool supports both standard and 360° panoramic videos and preserves the format of the source video in the extracted images. Whether your source is a conventional 2D video or a panoramic 360° video, the output will match, ensuring seamless integration into your existing geospatial workflow.GeotaggedVideoToPhotos-2048x670.png

More information can be found here: Geotagged Media Tools

0 Kudos