Not seeing toolbox after install

05-26-2023 06:11 AM
JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II

I'm having trouble installing Data Loading Tools.  I'm using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.2.  I followed the instructions; cloned my Python environment, ensured the cloned environment is set as default, installed the dltsolutions 3.1.2 package, and restarted ArcGIS Pro.  I'm unable to find the Data Loading Toolbox or any of the tools, though.

I verified the dependent packages are also installed and updated.  I also updated all of the other packages.  I've tried deleting the cloned environment and repeating the process, but still can't find the tools.

Is there something I'm missing?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Connect to a toolbox—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

this doesn't work? or apply?

... sort of retired...
JoshSaad1
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks, but I haven't found any documentation that says where the toolbox would be located if it's not loading in the default suite of toolboxes.  I might just have to call Esri support on this.

0 Kudos
TedHoward2
Esri Contributor

This is likely due to local caching that Pro does. Here are a few things to try:

1. Refresh the packages from the Environment Manager. Then create a fresh clone and install dltsolutions.TedHoward2_0-1685650327436.png
  2. Try importing dltsolutions from the python window to ensure that it imports with errors
  3. Clear your geoprocessing cache which will force it to rebuild when you restart Pro. The cache is found at AppData/Local/ESRI/Local Caches. Delete any .cache files.TedHoward2_1-1685650571236.png