How to set subscriptions, notifications, and email settings

08-30-2020 08:44 AM
Labels (1)

How to set subscriptions, notifications, and email settings

Subscriptions, notifications, and email notifications inform you about content that interests you and brings awareness to your community activity. Customize these settings to your preference.

How do I use subscriptions?

Subscriptions send you notifications whenever new content appears for a topic of interest. You can subscribe to a board, a blog, a document, an idea, or places in the community. You can also subscribe to a specific post or labels. All notifications will appear on your notification feed page (look for the bell icon top right next to your avatar). You can also decide what notifications you want to be forwarded to your email (more information below on how to change these settings).

To subscribe to content:

• To subscribe to a place or board, navigate to the place or board, click Subscribe.
  • To subscribe to a specific post, go to the post and click the Options menu > click Subscribe.

To view and manage your subscriptions:

1. Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications.
  2. Click My Subscriptions to see a list of your subscribed content.
  3. To delete a subscription, click the checkbox for the subscription and click Email Subscription Options > Delete Selected Subscriptions.

How do I edit my notification and email settings?

As a member, you can receive community and email notifications about new activity on the content you subscribed to and about engagement actions with your account.

In this section, you can turn on or turn off receiving notifications and editing the different levels of notifications.

To set your notification and email settings:

1. Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications.
  2. Select the Notification Settings tab and choose your options.
  3. Important: Click Save if you make changes.

note: for Board subscriptions, we have set the default to Only the first post in each topic, this setting option means you will get notified of new posts, but not all the replies, which can be overwhelming. If you choose All posts, you will get notifications for every new post and all the replies. Read more here: About the notification feed and real-time notifications 

Also, you have the option to Mute subscriptions at the post level, under Post options, Mute. Then you can manage all your muted subscriptions from the Subscriptions page.

You can change the format and content of community emails to your account.

To change your email format settings:

1. Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications > Email Format.
  2. Choose your preferred email format settings.
  3. Click Save.

To change your HTML from posts and email format preference:

1. Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications > Email Format > Remove HTML from posts.
  2. Click the checkbox if you wish to remove HTML from posts (this is automatically unchecked).
  3. Click Save.

To reply to a post from your email client:

1. Open the email (in your email client)
  2. Find the Reply link in the body of the email (see image below)
  3. The first time you use this feature you may need to select your email client (it will be remember for future uses)
  4. A new email reply window opens, type in your text 
  5. Click Send
  6. your reply will be posted on the thread in the communityEmail Reply option.png

note: if you just use the standard email reply to the email, it will not post to the community, instead your post will be sent to a generic community email address . Please be sure to use the reply link. 

Labels (1)
Comments

How can I be notified via e-mail as I get Kudos?

thumbnail.png

I used my personal email account to register with esri.  How can I switch it to my work email account?   I wish all notifications to go to my work email, not my personal email.  

Anonymous User

@MLJLawrence Please can you email esricommunity@esri.com with the details of the email addresses you want to switch and we can help with this. Thanks

Version history
Last update:
2 weeks ago
Updated by:
Contributors