Remove "Area too large" limitation

01-25-2020 08:56 PM
ChaimSchwartz4
Occasional Contributor

Currently, there is a limitation in the number of assignments that can be batch created (e.g. when selecting assets on the map there is a ~80-100 limitation) or when selecting a larger area - getting the "Area too large" message. We will happily wait for the few or more moments it would take to generate the assignments. 

Tags (1)
5 Comments
KellyArmstrong

Same here.  As a city, we for example; flush all 1800 hydrants...I would rather not create 18 different assignments to be able to complete the whole city, at 100 per assignment.

CraigGillgrass
Status changed to: Implemented

In the Fall release of Workforce (scheduled for Sept 21st) we will be increasing the max number of feature results and removing the 12 feature limit.

We will still honor the maxRecordCount limit in the underlying feature service.  This applies for all Feature related searches; whether in the Search textbox, Lasso or Rectangle tools.  There will also not be a limit on the assignments you can create for the Search results; if 200 features are returned, you can create 200 assignments.

CraigGillgrass

@KellyArmstrong See the comment above, we'll be addressing this for the Fall release of Workforce - scheduled for Sept 21st.

ChaseSchieffer

Hi Craig,

Is this also true for the ArcGIS Enterprise version of Workforce? I currently have ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9 installed, but I am getting this message when trying to select more than 100 features on the map.

CraigGillgrass

hello @ChaseSchieffer 

This will be included in a future release of ArcGIS Enterprise in 2022.  We don't have any plans to back port this work to previous releases of Enterprise.

Craig