Ability to define default values for Extended Properties in the Template for when a job is created. ArcGIS Workflow Manager Server.

06-27-2023 06:55 PM
JohnAnderson1
New Contributor III

Using ArcGIS Workflow Manager Server 11.1, it is possible to create Extended Properties and define their default values.

These same Extended Properties can be used by other templates in the Workflow Item. This is great, however the Extended Property default values are the same regardless of which template is used to create a job.

It would be very useful if the default values could be set to something different on a per-template basis. So when a job is created, the default values can be defined depending on which template was used.

Currently, as a work-around, I need to add an Update Properties Step at the beginning of the workflow diagram so that I can set the required default values. It would be much easier if it was possible to do this in the template.

2 Comments
JFarmer
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hi @JohnAnderson1 

Thanks for the idea! We've had some similar enhancement ideas recently in this area and we'll go ahead and add this one to the mix. I've changed the status to under consideration for now as we discuss and determine the best path forward to potentially getting this implemented. 

Jonathan

JohnAnderson1

Thank you @JFarmer.