Web AppBuilder Search Widget Exact Match issues

02-23-2023 11:22 AM
Labels (1)
keith_jackson
New Contributor II

I have a web app I created in WAB and contains the Search widget.  I have the "Exact Match" box unchecked, but functionally it only works when the user types the exact *starting* characters of a value.  

e.g. a value of ZZABC1, if the user enters "ABC1" it says no values found.  But if they were to enter "ZZABC" it would find the value, or if they entered "ZZA" it also would find it.  I looked at the JSON and there's only a boolean value for "Exact Match," so no way to tell the non-exact match query to be a "contains the text" search as opposed to a "text begins with" search, which is what it appears to do when the Exact Match box is unchecked.  Does anyone know of a way to remedy this by chance?

2 Replies
JoelBennett
MVP Regular Contributor

Although not specific to WAB, there is a discussion of this issue here, and some various workarounds proposed.  Perhaps you might be able to work one into your application.

0 Kudos
pacadmin
New Contributor

Yikes. Same issue here as keith_jackson. We are using ArcGIS Online (not Portal) so no way of configuring a custom widget. Any suggestions here beyond lodging a bug?

0 Kudos