Upgrade apps to version 2.0

Jump to solution
04-19-2016 07:39 AM
MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

Having trouble figuring out how to upgrade apps created in 1.3 to 2.0. using Web Appbuilder for Developers.

I was able to find this documentation but its a bit over my head at the moment. Is there another resource for instructions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

See if this helps:

1.Stop all running instances of Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition) if any.

a. make sure you do not have any command prompt widows open. i.e named "Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS"

2.Open the Command Prompt window.

a.Click windows start button > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt !!! right click it and choose "Run as Administrator"

3.Browse to the \server directory of your newer version of the Web AppBuilder installation.

a. If you installed WAB Dev 2.0 on the C Drive (i.e. C:\web-appbuilder-2.0) then you need to type this into the command prompt window:

Type: cd\

Now press enter.

Type: cd\ web-appbuilder-2.0\server

Now press enter.

4. To upgrade all of your apps

a. If you installed WAB Dev 1.3 on the C Drive (i.e. C:\web-appbuilder-1.3)

b. Type: node upgrade C:\web-appbuilder-1.3

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

See if this helps:

1.Stop all running instances of Web AppBuilder (Developer Edition) if any.

a. make sure you do not have any command prompt widows open. i.e named "Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS"

2.Open the Command Prompt window.

a.Click windows start button > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt !!! right click it and choose "Run as Administrator"

3.Browse to the \server directory of your newer version of the Web AppBuilder installation.

a. If you installed WAB Dev 2.0 on the C Drive (i.e. C:\web-appbuilder-2.0) then you need to type this into the command prompt window:

Type: cd\

Now press enter.

Type: cd\ web-appbuilder-2.0\server

Now press enter.

4. To upgrade all of your apps

a. If you installed WAB Dev 1.3 on the C Drive (i.e. C:\web-appbuilder-1.3)

b. Type: node upgrade C:\web-appbuilder-1.3

MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply Robert. I am still having issues. Can you spot anything that might be incorrect from this screen cap

I have WAB installed in a folder under C: named KEY Data. version 1.3 is installed in a folder named arcgis-web-appbuilder-1.3

and version 2.0 under the same directory in a folder named WebAppBuilderForArcGIS

sorry for my ignorance this is a road never traveled by me

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ryan,

In step 4 where it says "type node ....", you'll want  to use node_64 or node_86 depending on whether you have a 64 bit or 32 bit system.

MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert! Eventually got it to work. and as note to myself ....the space in a sub directory name will bomb out this process.

0 Kudos