Downstream tracing inconsistencies

12-27-2022 02:17 AM
AsierGamallo
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I was trying to conduct a downstream tracing on a sewage network when I noticed a number of inconsistencies. The network is the following one.

AsierGamallo_0-1672136015858.png

The case is that when I do the tracing, I find that it includes a line in the upstream direction of the flow (highlighted in blue), as you can see below.

AsierGamallo_1-1672136051660.png

However, if I move the starting point to a location closer to the pipe of interest, the problem disappears, as you can see below.

AsierGamallo_2-1672136086547.png

Here I attach an image in which it can be seen that if the starting point is located in the pipe of interest, the flow is the correct one. Consequently, it can be discarded any problem related to the sense of the line, terminal configuration, etc.

AsierGamallo_3-1672136116562.png

Thank you for your help!

Tags (2)
4 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hard to tell what is going on without the data.  Where are the controllers?  If you uncheck the interdeterminate flow, does that change anything?

0 Kudos
AsierGamallo
New Contributor II

Firstly, thank you for answering me.

The controller would be on the left side of the image (although it is not visible) following the downstream flow.

I have tried to conduct a downstream tracing, following the advice that you specify above (uncheck the interdeterminate flow), and as a result, no selection is being made. 

In case you need to visualize data, I can privately send you a .gdb with the UN. We are working with UN version 5, ArcGIS Pro 2.9.3 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

My only guess is there is some interdeterminate flow and there are other controllers in the system.  

0 Kudos
AsierGamallo
New Contributor II

As indicated in the previous comment, we have already tried to disable the intermediate flow, with no result (no network element is selected).

As far as the controllers are concerned, we only have the discharge points in this network. Regardless of this, how could we control that certain pipes are not selected in the tracing when the devices that delimit it have correctly assigned a configuration of directional terminals?

0 Kudos