Data Sources for foundation maps in enterprice environment

Jump to solution
08-21-2023 06:05 AM
MariánKolpák
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have simple question about data sources setting for foundation maps. I published feature service from asset package on enterprise environment. At now I need to set data sources for some maps from gas foundation to this feature service. Everything is good, but starting points and barriers remain sources in this feature service in Gas And Pipeline Network Editor Map. Which sources are right for these layers in this map? Im trying to implement gas solution on enterprise environment.

Thanks

Marian  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Do not publish the starting points and barriers in the webmap or feature service.  They are local database used only by ArcGIS Pro for tracing.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PierreloupDucroix
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

looking at the documentation, (https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/utility-network/starting-points.htm) starting points and barriers a created in the default project geodatabase. So you will a need a local gdb as source for these layers.

0 Kudos
MariánKolpák
New Contributor II

Hi,

thanks a lot for documentation link. I tryed to publish service on portal with enterprise resources. Starting points and barriers feature classes were set to the local database of arcgis pro project. By publishing service process both of them was copyed to portal hosted storage. It seems that webmap using this feature service has problem with hosted layers. I think, that I have 2 solutions:

- register local db as data store on server (avoid of copy feature classes on portal storage)

- use geoprocessing tool to generate feature classes for barriers and starting points in SDE database

Than update feature service again. Which option is better? In task manager in solution are no instructions to these feature classes. Im trying to prepare webmap with utility network for testing in field maps.

Thank You.

Marian

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Do not publish the starting points and barriers in the webmap or feature service.  They are local database used only by ArcGIS Pro for tracing.

0 Kudos