Unable to add a map to reports

Jump to solution
01-20-2022 05:51 AM
HenryUnderwood1
New Contributor III

I have wrapped up a data collection project and am now looking at the reporting functions. The sample reports were decent and worked fine, including a map. However I wanted to change the format as well as adjust the map itself using my own template. 

I found that I am unable to create a report with a map using $location or $shape. Neither an unmodified template or an otherwise empty document with "${location}"  work.

Any ideas what could be causing the error?

An error occurred when rendering by the report engine. Failed to print map for ${location|mapSettings:"---------------------------------”:1000| size:600:600}. Error: Failed to print map: {"name":"request:server","message":"Error","details":{"url":"-------------------------------------","requestOptions":{"query":{"f":"json","returnExtentOnly":true,"returnCountOnly":true,"objectIds":"66","spatialRel":"esriSpatialRelIntersects"},"responseType":"json"},"ssl":false,"httpStatus":400,"messages":["This operation is not supported."],"raw":{"code":400,"message":"","details":["This operation is not supported."]}}}

0 Kudos
11 Replies
DavidMc_Laughlin
New Contributor III

@PeterMacKenzie2  are you trying to re-create the survey map in FME?

I pulled the AGOL FL into FME and re-built the report using the MSWord Styler transformer and re-built the map using the MapNik rasterizer. 

0 Kudos
PeterMacKenzie2
Occasional Contributor II

@DavidMc_Laughlin that's a clever workaround. It seems more work though! Can't work out why a simple map in my report is timing out. I wonder if there is a max timeout parameter somewhere. Can you share what your mapnik map looks like? Can you add in portal/agol basemaps and layers into it?