Text field return 0 value

01-31-2023 06:01 AM
MariusVerdes
New Contributor III

Hello. I hope there is not another thread on this topic, I did not find one from my research.

For a few days, I noticed that from one of our surveys, the answer for a few questions returned the 0 value. That it's strange because it's a text field and this has never happened before. I attached a screenshot as an example.

Is this a new bug?

The 0 value affects us because this data is used inside a dashboard and a report generated using Microsoft PowerBI.

Many thanks for considering my request.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Was the survey built in the web interface or Sruvey123? Can you share how this field is being filled in? Is it a select_one, an open text entry, or something else?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MariusVerdes
New Contributor III

Hello @jcarlson ,

The survey was built using Survey123 Connect. But I found where and why this "0" value appears. It happens only in the fields that have a calculation set up, please see this thread (https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/survey123-automation/m-p/1251850#M47121). 

Now I need to know how to make this "0" value disappear when the condition in the calculation is not met. 

This is a compliance survey used by my colleagues and they perform full or partial audits. And when it's a partial audit, depending on the situation in the field, this calculation returns a "0".

Do you have any idea how to solve this or what workaround I can use?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It it's as simple as leaving it null, you can put the condition into the relevant column to hide the question entirely when the condition is not met, thereby not entering any value into it. What is the calculation being used?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
MariusVerdes
New Contributor III

Hi @jcarlson ,

I tried to move the condition from the calculation column to relevant and the condition did not work anymore.  This calculation is set up like an automation, when someone chooses "NO" at question 7.1, the survey selects "NO" for another 12 questions.

But when my colleagues perform a partial audit, the calculation still applies and returns a "0" value. I am trying to get a workaround for this situation. 

Thanks,

Marius

0 Kudos