Survey 123 - refreshing Inbox without signing in

Jump to solution
02-07-2023 04:14 PM
jose_v
by
New Contributor II

Dear all,

I am beginning to learn Survey123, and I am using the available ESRI template for Manhole Inspection to create a survey in which repeat data can be edited subsequently. The only modifications from the template was to disable the sent folder and enable the Inbox. I have also changed the survey to that everyone can have access to the survey, as well as to create, edit, delete records as well as access data. 

When I enable the Inbox and I am logged with my ArcGIS account, the survey's operates as it would be expected. I can add data to the survey and Inbox is able to be refreshed.

However, when I do not sign in to my account, I can add new data to the survey and database, but  when try to refresh the survey to retrieve an existing record for editing, nothing shows up in the Inbox. Am I making a mistake or is this a limitation of Survey123? I am sorry if this is a newbie question, this is really by first week learning Survey123. Any help is very appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @jose_v

If you check the settings on the feature service there will be a setting for what access do anonymous editors have will be set to Only add new features by default. If you switch that to "The same as signed in editors" that should resolve the inbox issue: 

ZacharySutherby_0-1675818080009.png

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @jose_v

If you check the settings on the feature service there will be a setting for what access do anonymous editors have will be set to Only add new features by default. If you switch that to "The same as signed in editors" that should resolve the inbox issue: 

ZacharySutherby_0-1675818080009.png

Thank you,
Zach
jose_v
by
New Contributor II
Hi @ZacharySutherby, the solution worked. Thank you!
0 Kudos