Survey 123 {"code":-1,"message":""}

02-10-2020 08:34 AM
DaveSelvidge
New Contributor III

I'm attempting to create and publish a survey through Survey123 and upon completing a test version of the new survey, I attempt to publish it and I get the following error code with no further explanation:

{"code":-1,"message":""}

After searching google and geonet, I wasn't able to come up with what exactly this error means. All of the other examples of errors like this that I have seen have additional information in the error code( for example: {"code":-1,"message":"","isTrusted":true} . 

I have tried the following solutions but still get the same error:

- Reload the webpage

-  try in a different browser

-  sign out and then sign back in 

-  restart the computer

*UPDATE* - I deleted the problem survey and started back over from scratch and I was able to publish the survey. However, I'm still curious to see if anyone knows why it failed in the first place and what that seemingly non-descriptive error code actually means so that I can avoid it in the future. 

10 Replies
RebeccaSB
New Contributor

I've run into this issue over the last day or two and can't seem to find a way past it. I've tried all the suggested methods in this thread and still can't seem to publish my survey. Is there anything else I could have missed that I could try? 

I own the survey and haven't transferred the ownership to anyone else. I can see it in my content and the form is there but it just won't let me publish it.

0 Kudos