Survey 123 Connect - Erro - A value passed for the field 'xxx' is invalid

2 weeks ago
Pedrovoliveira
New Contributor II

Hello, good morning. How are you?

I'm working on a project and I came across a problem. There are some fields that must be completed based on the results of other fields. For example, if the result in field A is greater than 1, the “good” text should be displayed in green; otherwise, the “bad” text should appear in red.

So far so good. I validated this function by previewing the form in Survey Connect, and it was working as expected. I carried out the necessary checks before publication, and there were no errors.

However, during testing of filling in the application, when sending the responses, I received the error “A value passed for the ‘text_brot’ is invalid”. To resolve this, I checked the formulas in the calculation column and they appear to be correct. I also checked the size of the string, which only contains the words “good” and “bad”, so it shouldn't be a size issue.

Initially these fields were set to “Type Note”, but due to these error messages I changed them to “Text”. However, the problem persists. I had difficulty finding similar cases in the ESRI Community. The closest occurrence I found was error 10583 “A value passed for the field X is invalid”, but there don't seem to be any specific solutions for this case.

TEST2.jpeg

ARCGIS_SURVEY.png

The fields that present this error are in red, and start on line 439 of the XLSForm.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

The issue isn't with "text_broc" specifically. It's with all fields that use HTML formatting in the formula.

The same error pops up in the next questions as soon as you remove HTML formatting. E.g.,

abureaux_0-1713285289267.png

Swapping things around like below should work:

abureaux_1-1713285490828.png

0 Kudos