Set a Default Repeat Count but Allow Deletes/Adds

03-29-2023 10:57 AM
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

For some of our survey forms the idea would be to include employees that worked on the task being collected by the survey, there are pre-defined crews typically in a lot of these roles, what I would like to be able to do is have a default number of repeats set for the typical crew, but have it so the user can delete or add new ones if a crew member is absent or they have extra help that day. Same idea for the vehicles or other standard resource groups they would use.

I don't believe this is possible with how repeat_count functions currently, but is there a way to make this work?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Since repeat count has all kinds of issues what I do is use count() or position() and set a constraint on that.  Note the user can go one past the max but they will then get an error on submit.  I added a message that warns then right away that its too far.  Been much more reliable for us.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Does this allow repeats to be created when the form loads to be auto-filled with information? Pre-loading a working group or group of assets into repeats for the users is the goal here.

Like, here's the standard set of inspections for a Thursday, but oh you didn't get to one so you can delete the repeat, or you had time and did one you missed a previous day so you can add it" type thing.

0 Kudos