Repeats - save draft form and remember repeat position

02-26-2024 02:24 PM
FrankHerbert
New Contributor III

I have a biodiversity monitoring survey containing a repeat function. The survey captures data following a 200 metre line. The user will capture data at 10 metre intervals, resulting in 20 outcomes. The same survey can be used for the entire line. The repeat function allows the user to capture data at each location.

I have configured the survey to lock in a total of 20 repeats. If all repeats are populated, the survey is valid and can be submitted.

If the user is following protocol, they will capture data at 10m, 20m, 30m, 40m and so on. The final repeat will be at the 200m mark.

If the user needs to use a separate survey e.g. trap checks, they will save the current survey as draft and then reopen it later and continue the line. The problem is, the survey will go back to the first repeat by default. Is there any way to instruct S123 to remember the last repeat that was being captured?

For example, the worker is capturing data for repeat 15 of 20. They save as draft, reopen the survey and S123 automatically takes them back to repeat 15 of 20 (rather than 1 of 20 which it's doing currently).

Any help or advice is welcome 🙂

@DougBrowning  feel free to add your 2 cents, I think you will know what I'm talking about!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there any way to instruct S123 to remember the last repeat that was being captured?

No. But just have them "Long Press" the > arrow in the repeat. That takes them to the last record.

FrankHerbert
New Contributor III

Thanks @abureaux but the Long Press just takes you to the end of the repeat; not the repeat that was last worked on. E.g. You have completed repeat 1,2,3,4,5 and then save as draft, using Long Press takes you to repeat 20 of 20, rather than repeat 6 of 20.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

That is correct. Unfortunately, there is no way to jump to the "last edited" or even a specific repeat item. This has been a long requested feature.

Here is the idea. The more votes it gets, the better.

FrankHerbert
New Contributor III

@abureaux I have upvoted the idea in the link... Hopefully we receive this is an update ASAP. Thanks for your input buddy

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

There is no real way to interact with the UI which means no way to know where they were at a save.  I would think if they tried to submit it should pop up the first error - which may be the incomplete record?  That would bring them there.  But I have seen when from drafts the constraints are not checked on all repeats so not sure.   So I cannot think of a way.

FrankHerbert
New Contributor III

That makes sense, cheers Doug. We might be a long way off from seeing this in an update.

0 Kudos