Repeats and Time Stamp Overwriting

Jump to solution
03-01-2024 06:37 AM
DerekLittle
New Contributor II

Since the latest update (Feb 2024) I am encountering a repeat time stamp issue. 

My survey contains a repeat and the repeat items have individual dateTimes. When cycling through the entries or adding a new entry the dateTime is overwritten to the current time. Only happens after the minute changes.

This was not an issue until the most recent Survey123 update for iPads.

@ZacharySutherby 

@IsmaelChivite 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried once() or changing the calculation mode to manual?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
DerekLittle
New Contributor II

Reported as a bug through technical support. 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried once() or changing the calculation mode to manual?

DerekLittle
New Contributor II

It appears changing the calculation mode to manual fixes the issue. Thanks @DougBrowning !

DanLissick
New Contributor III

Hey Derek,

I am having the same issue and when trying to implement the calculation mode it didn't resolve it. Could you possibly provide your XLS form? Or provide a screen shot? It could help me solve this issue. Thank you!

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
DanLissick
New Contributor III

Attached is the XLS form, row 66 is what I tested the manual calculation. If you could take a look at see what you think that would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think the reason is line 67 with the if statement.  That is probably causing it to fire again.  That is a tough one then.  I am not sure if once() will help there as it may not calc in the correct order.  Other idea is to add calculationMode=whenEmpty to line 67 or a manual on that line also is worth a test.  Since it is a calculate type I am not sure what manual does in that situation.

Sorry all the ideas I have but you can test them.

0 Kudos
DanLissick
New Contributor III

Sounds good, thank you for the response!

0 Kudos
AlexFazzino
New Contributor

I was having this same issue. I changed calculation mode to manual, but it I keep getting the same issue. It works correctly until I publish and test it out in the app.