Custom Initial Zoom Level Not Honored

02-22-2023 10:04 AM
Labels (2)
WillCorbett23
New Contributor

I'm having an issue with Story Maps honoring my custom initial zoom level. This Story Map advertises properties that are under tax foreclosure by our county tax department. I have selected Custom - Town for the initial zoom level, but it reverts to automatic regardless of how may points I have created. Once a property is selected in the map tour, it then correctly shows the custom level that I have selected for each particular property. If I only have one property in the listing, then my initial view is the entire world, even though I am using a organizational base map. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Wilson County Tax Office Foreclosure Properties Map 

Thanks for the help

Will

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AbbyE_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hello @WillCorbett23 ,

The initial zoom extent setting applies to the zoom set when clicking on the individual points. The zoom extent for the entire map is not something that can currently be set. It is instead based on the calculated set of all tour points. This is a great suggestion for an enhancement in the future, which I would recommend bringing up on the ArcGIS Ideas page.

Best,

Abby

0 Kudos
Matt-Huser
Occasional Contributor

@AbbyE_Esri we are running into a similar situation but it feels more like a bug than an enhancement idea.  Is my scenario below expected?

If there is only 1 point in your map tour, the extent/zoom level, when set either in the saved web map or the map tour settings, is not honored.  If I have more than one point, my custom extents are honored.

0 Kudos
WillCorbett23
New Contributor

Thanks Abby! Maybe I had only noticed this time because there is only one point in the map.