'Like' buttons / Comments Field for Tour slides

04-21-2022 08:57 AM
Labels (3)
AlexVideka
New Contributor III

The specific use case here is a photo contest where each submission is a slide in a map tour. It would be really cool if viewers of the story map had a way to provide feedback for individual slides. Adding comments to specific slides or hitting a like button is what I had in mind. Administrators could then determine a winner based on the slide with the most 'likes' or positive comments.

CommentsLikes.png

I think this could be used in many non-contest type projects as well.

2 Comments
KimSoulliere

I am interested in this as well, for a public input web application. I used the Smart Editor widget in WAB for idea submittals and would like to add the ability for others to "Like" the ideas.

Have you had any luck adding this option for your contest?

leahmaps

I second this! I honestly would like a comment or "like" feature in any of the ArcGIS Apps (dashboards, instant apps, storymaps). It would be a great way to interact. I know that there is some workaround by making a second editable layer and placing points, but that can get messy.

Essentially, if someone who wants to comment is able to comment on a point in an app/dashboard/storymap, that would show in a comments pane to the side. ArcGIS Hub has this functionality but only if you pay for a premium subscription. It would be great to crowd sourcing opinions and comments in a way that is easier than creating the crowdsource input map or using solutions.