Extract Multi Values to Points - 010005: Unable to allocate memory

2 weeks ago
AndrewWhite2
New Contributor II

I have a simple point layer of about 2,500 points representing homes. I wanted to analyze these against a Flood Depth Raster using the Extract Multi Values to Points tool, but it would crash instantly with "010005: Unable to allocate memory." As I have a fairly beefy computer, and I don't consider this data very large, I was pretty confused. 

I ended up having to select ~800 points at a time to not produce the error, which then created about 4 new Value fields, which I then had to use a Max expression to combine those fields back into single field with the values for all points. 

Seems like a pretty annoying process if that is how this tool handles datasets with over 800 features. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

related

Solved: Extract Multi Values to Points Internal error in S... - Esri Community

are you using a point featureclass in a file geodatabase?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AndrewWhite2
New Contributor II

Yep! I uploaded an excel -> Display XY Data -> Export -> Copy Features just to make sure. The process failed on both the Exported and Copied Files, which were both in the geodatabase.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Extract Multi Values to Points (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

raises more questions about coordinate systems etc.

If you aren't using multiple rasters, then why not try

Extract Values to Points (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AndrewWhite2
New Contributor II

I actually did try that tool as well, but I had the same issue come up. 

The study area is in the eastern half of South Carolina, and I am using the State Plane projected coordinate system for the State as well. Which I just say to confirm that the data is in an area well represented by the projection. 

Cheers!

0 Kudos