Does ESRI's Lead Service Line Inventory solution match new EPA guidance?

08-31-2022 09:37 AM
COSPNWGuy
Occasional Contributor II

On August 10th, EPA held a nationwide webinar on the lead and copper rule revisions (LCRR). Included was the data schema that should be followed. ESRI's solution looks close but is not the same. While the EPA does NOT require the exact schema be used, I think it would be a very good idea to. Please consider matching the EPA data schema in the solution. The schema presented is attached to this idea, or can be found on EPA's Lead and Copper page including a recording of the August 10th presentation. In the spreadsheet, the schema is on tab "Detailed Inventory". Since this is mandatory for every water provider with reporting deadlines, time is of the essence. Thanks.

23 Comments
COSPNWGuy

Also attached is a comparison of the EPA documentation template with a comparison of schema from the ESRI L&C service line inventory Solution. The columns are the fields in the EPA template, and the rows represent the matching (or missing) ESRI field.

A Green cell indicates a matching cell in the ESRI schema (along with the field alias). A Red cell indicates no match in the ESRI schema, and a yellow cell indicates a sort-of match, where domain values or field intent don’t quite line up with the format the EPA recommends.

HowardCrothers
Status changed to: In Product Plan

We are releasing an update to the Lead Service Line Inventory solution in November that will incorporate EPA's suggested schema into the solution.  The schema changes will be minimal. 

We are also exploring adding additional reporting capabilities to the solution to make it easier to populate the EPA template directly from ArcGIS as a means to report back your inventory to regulatory agencies.

Thanks for providing the comparison matrix.    

xander
by

@HowardCrothersHi Howard. Cleveland Water is looking to deploy. Any update on a release date or v2.0 docs? Thanks!

HowardCrothers

@xander Development work is complete, we are doing final testing and working on the updated documentation now.  The update will ship with the November 2022 ArcGIS Solutions release, anticipate week of the November 16th.  

xander
by
Thank you for the update. Any chance of getting a preview of the new schema?

HowardCrothers

@xander Absolutely, I'll send you an email and we can set up a time.

KadinBaird41

@HowardCrothers I would love to get a preview of the new schema as well, we are just starting our inventory and would love to make sure we are using the most up to date solution. Also the reporting capabilities would be very useful as well. Thanks!

ChrisMiller_AK

@HowardCrothers ditto on the new schema, please. 

HowardCrothers

@KadinBaird41  & @ChrisMiller_AK  - sure we can give a preview.  Can you message me your emails so we can setup something up?

ChrisMiller_AK

@HowardCrothers    I wish it was that easy...either our admin hasn't enabled the settings to allow PMs or I'm too stupid to find a way to send you a PM. Don't worry about it. Our management just decided to go with the GEC solution.  Thanks for getting back to me.