In BasemapStyle arcGISImagery, dashes between regions are animating when zooming

Jump to solution
03-08-2023 04:59 AM
YoussefMAHERZI
New Contributor III

Hello,

I'm displaying a simple map with arcGISImagery BasemapStyle like this :

class SimpleMapViewController: UIViewController {
    @IBOutlet weak var mapView: AGSMapView!

override func viewDidLoad() {
        super.viewDidLoad()
        mapView.map = AGSMap(basemapStyle: .arcGISImagery)
    }
}

The problem is when I zoom the dashed lines between regions are making disturbing animations (screen record attached). Is there a fix or a way to prevent that ? 

Thank you !

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidFeinzimer
Esri Contributor

Hi Youssef, thank you for reaching out and sorry for the extended reply time.

This isn't a fun answer to give but this is expected behavior; if you look in the ArcGIS Online map viewer you'll notice the same behavior.

Because it's expected there isn't a technical fix but I can suggest a couple of workarounds:

1. Use the arcGISImageryStandard basemap style.
    • This should work if you require no labels/borders at all.
  2. Use the arcGISImageryStandard basemap style and overlay a separate border layer.
    • You can search ArcGIS Online for an authoritative border layer that's ready-to-go.
  3. Use an entirely different basemap style.
    • While it doesn't have satellite imagery, arcGISCommunity is a favorite of mine and it doesn't have the same border issue.

I hope one of these is helpful!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidFeinzimer
Esri Contributor

Hi Youssef, thank you for reaching out and sorry for the extended reply time.

This isn't a fun answer to give but this is expected behavior; if you look in the ArcGIS Online map viewer you'll notice the same behavior.

Because it's expected there isn't a technical fix but I can suggest a couple of workarounds:

1. Use the arcGISImageryStandard basemap style.
    • This should work if you require no labels/borders at all.
  2. Use the arcGISImageryStandard basemap style and overlay a separate border layer.
    • You can search ArcGIS Online for an authoritative border layer that's ready-to-go.
  3. Use an entirely different basemap style.
    • While it doesn't have satellite imagery, arcGISCommunity is a favorite of mine and it doesn't have the same border issue.

I hope one of these is helpful!

0 Kudos
YoussefMAHERZI
New Contributor III

Hi David and thank you for your help.

Well at least we can agree that it isn't a fun answer 🤣

0 Kudos