Quick Capture project fail to download

Jump to solution
05-17-2023 01:39 PM
DanielBrumm1
Occasional Contributor II

ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 , AWS Hosted, Lastest version of QC installed on devices

Since upgrading from 10.8.1 we have been unable to update or download QC projects consistantly. I would say 99 out of 100 times it fails. At complete random times a download will succeed.   I can open QC and log into our Portal succesfully. I can see all of the project and their thumbnails but when I try and download them they time out.   When downloading the project, the status bar/cirlce gets 1/4 way around  and eventually times out. There are no logs in either Portal or Server that indicate any issue. I set the log level to debug and watch and nothing comes through. 

Troubleshooting attempts:

1. Re-installed QC on all devices

2. Tried different accounts, roles, created new projects, updated thumbnails

3. Rebooted machines,   

4. Tried connecting through the Web Adaptor and port

5. Download attempts made on iPhone, laptop, PC outside and inside of network

6. Tried using Wireshark to capture network traffic

7. All ESRI patches applied

8.  We have mulitple 10.9.1 enviroments, tried these work flows in all of them. 

9. Tried using different basemaps, ESRI templates, custom projects using existing portal data

Any suggestions would be helpful. 

Dan Brumm

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanielBrumm1

quick update.. this issue was the retult of traffic being blocked downstream. 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd

View solution in original post

3 Replies
PaulDrummond
New Contributor II

Hi Dan.

Are you attempting to connect to a hosted feature service or a service created from the Geodatabase?

We had our QC projects fail from the geodatabase, but they work seamlessly from a hosted feature service.

Regards, Paul

0 Kudos
JohnathanHasthorpe
Esri Regular Contributor

@DanielBrumm1 - Please email QuickCapture@esri.com - it would be great to get on a call to troubleshoot this issue.

0 Kudos
DanielBrumm1

quick update.. this issue was the retult of traffic being blocked downstream. 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd