What is CopyMultiple? (Catalog copy/paste shape integrity error)

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.9.12; Oracle 18c 10.7.1 EGDB; SDE.ST_GEOMETRY:

I'm troubleshooting an issue where I can't copy/paste a point FC via Catalog within the same enterprise geodatabase.

I get this error:

Bud_1-1713299059841.png

Copy Failed
Message [Error]: ERROR 000260: Shape integrity error
Failed to execute (CopyMultiple).

That error message mentions something called "CopyMultiple". Is CopyMultiple a geoprocessing tool? I don't see any geoprocessing tools listed in the Geoprocessing Pane in Pro with that name.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ODWC_GIS
New Contributor III

Unsure if this'll be helpful.  Error 000260 looks to be what is thrown when the "Copy" tool malfunctions.  

If you care to go a poking around in ESRI's dark underside, you'll probably find the actual stuff that makes the tools work here: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcToolBox\toolboxes\Data Management Tools.tbx  CopyMultiple.tool is the thing that "copies multiple datasets or tables" from one place to another.

Once I started using ArcPro, I noticed that some things don't work like you'd expect.  Instead of Copying your feature classes within your various datasets, I recommend Right-clicking on your destination database (as seen in your ArcPro Catalog window, under the Databases folder), and selecting Import, then Feature Class(es).  That should do it.