What is CopyMultiple? (Catalog copy/paste shape integrity error)

a month ago
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.9.12; Oracle 18c 10.7.1 EGDB; SDE.ST_GEOMETRY:

I'm troubleshooting an issue where I can't copy/paste a point FC via Catalog within the same enterprise geodatabase.

I get this error:

Bud_1-1713299059841.png

Copy Failed
Message [Error]: ERROR 000260: Shape integrity error
Failed to execute (CopyMultiple).

That error message mentions something called "CopyMultiple". Is CopyMultiple a geoprocessing tool? I don't see any geoprocessing tools listed in the Geoprocessing Pane in Pro with that name.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ODWC_GIS
New Contributor III

Unsure if this'll be helpful.  Error 000260 looks to be what is thrown when the "Copy" tool malfunctions.  

If you care to go a poking around in ESRI's dark underside, you'll probably find the actual stuff that makes the tools work here: C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcToolBox\toolboxes\Data Management Tools.tbx  CopyMultiple.tool is the thing that "copies multiple datasets or tables" from one place to another.

Once I started using ArcPro, I noticed that some things don't work like you'd expect.  Instead of Copying your feature classes within your various datasets, I recommend Right-clicking on your destination database (as seen in your ArcPro Catalog window, under the Databases folder), and selecting Import, then Feature Class(es).  That should do it.

BBicking1
Esri Contributor

The CopyMultiple tool is non-public tool.

It runs when selecting multiple data in the Catalog pane to be copied and pasted to a different workspace of the same datatype.

0 Kudos
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

In this context, are different kinds of geodatabases considered to be the same datatype? For example, are file geodatabases and enterprise geodatabases considered the same datatype?

0 Kudos
BBicking1
Esri Contributor

@Bud, as described here  all GDB flavors:

• fGDB,
  • eGDBs incl. mGDB

are one workspace datatype.

0 Kudos