Network Analyst: Nearest Facility not finding routes?

2 weeks ago
MattDino
New Contributor

I am trying to find routes from facilities(in my case certain capital cities) to the nearest incident(in my case theme parks).  I have tried running the analysis twice and both time two of the facilities there are no routes.

How can I fix that? Why does it happen?

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
6 Replies
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

Are you using your own network or an Esri provided one? If it's your own, are you sure that there are valid conections all the way along it?

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos
MattDino
New Contributor

Definitely Esri's.  I am a student just now learning Arc Pro.

0 Kudos
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

I haven't used the Nearest Facility funciton so not sure if this is part of it, but there may be a search distance parameter that limits how far a point can be from a road before it is excluded. If it's beyond the set distance, no route is returned. 

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos
Dale_Honeycutt
Occasional Contributor II

The Solve operation updates the Status field of both the Facilities and Incident layers as documented here. The codes in these fields will tell you what issues the solver encountered.  Have you checked those Status fields?

0 Kudos
MattDino
New Contributor

Hello,

Thank you for the assistance.  I have checked the status field on both the Facilities and Incidents and everyone of them say "OK"

0 Kudos
Dale_Honeycutt
Occasional Contributor II

Looking at your map, note that the incidents (small red circles) are assigned to one and only one facility. So the Dakota facilities don't find incidents because they've all be assigned to other facilities.  I suspect your  TargetFacilityCount is 1 (one).  See documentation about TargetFacilityCount and other attributes  here 

Instead of using Closest Facility, you might consider using OD Cost Matrix   Your capital cities would be the Origins and theme parks the Destinations.  You can specify number of destinations to find and a cutoff distance.  The only issue with OD Cost Matrix is that it outputs straight lines between the OD pairs.  But I'm sure that there's plenty of posts that show how to create network paths between the OD pairs.