Export till CAD and hatch question

11-19-2023 10:57 PM
MikaelGöthammer
New Contributor II

Hi!
I am using the Export to CAD GP-tool and the reserved CAD fields to ensure that presentation will be as I want on the CAD side.
I got symbols and line stiles to work as I want and also that objects are put on the correct layer.

But I don't get it to work for my polygons as I want. Polygons are exported as closed polyline but without pattern(hatch). I would like it to be a solid hatch with a color.

How do I do that?

Using ArcGIS Pro v.3.1

/Mike

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Hey Mike,

This might be a silly question from me but are we seeing the output come out as a line feature rather than a polygon? If so then I would recommend using the Feature to Polygon tool in ArcGIS Pro to convert this to a feature which can have a hatch symbology applied.

Hope that helps,

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
MikaelGöthammer
New Contributor II

I see that I was a bit unclear. I am NOT going from CAD to GIS.
I am going from GIS to CAD. I already have a polygon feature class in GIS that I try to export to CAD.
But I don't know how to use the CAD reserved fields to make it SOLID or with a Hatch at the CAD side.
Right know I only get a closed LWPolyline.

Hope this makes the question a bit clearer.
/Mike

JC-220
by
New Contributor II

Let us know if you ever figured this out. I'm also trying to get filled polygons but having no luck. 

0 Kudos
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Hey Mike,

Ah thank you for explaining, unfortunately, I don't have any experience with going GIS to CAD so this might be something to put a post up on any forms relating to your CAD software.

If the hatch is showing fine within ArcGIS then it might be a defect or limitation of the CAD software, so if possible I would test this on different platforms.

Sorry I couldn't help further on this,

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos