Eucledian Distance not working

Jump to solution
03-25-2023 12:01 PM
furry_ferret
New Contributor II

Hi all,

im trying to calculate Eucledian Distance with a Raster Dataset. Its basically a river network which i extracted from the DEM. Whenever i run the tool, i dont get the distances but the whole are just fills up with one color.

Can someone help me how to fix this?

Much obliged

Ferret

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

This is exactly the problem, 0 is still a value.  You need to change it to NODATA then re-run the Euclidean distance with that new layer.  I'm sure it will work as intended then.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What does the flow_recl look like? 

Euclidean Distance (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

describes what is considered a source cell, so any cell with a valid value (eg not nonodata) is a source

Newer versions of Pro should be using

Distance Accumulation (Spatial Analyst)—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Can you share a screenshot of flow_recl1 ?  When you click on a few pixels of the euclidean distance result and flow_rec1 what values do you get?

To me it just looks like you've set the other raster cells in flow_rec1 to no symbology rather than actually reclassifying the data https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/tool-reference/spatial-analyst/reclassify.htm.  What are the cell values of 1 in the screenshot?

This would explain the Euclidean distance result, as the tool doesn't care about how you symbolise the input data.

0 Kudos
furry_ferret
New Contributor II

furry_ferret_0-1679774600014.png

0 Kudos
furry_ferret
New Contributor II

furry_ferret_0-1679774802706.png

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

what's the cell values of 1 on flow_rec1?  can you change that symbology to a colour rather than blank?

0 Kudos
furry_ferret
New Contributor II

furry_ferret_0-1679775405046.png

that was the setup. 0 = 0-4400 and 1 = >4400

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

This is exactly the problem, 0 is still a value.  You need to change it to NODATA then re-run the Euclidean distance with that new layer.  I'm sure it will work as intended then.

DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

grief 🙄

... sort of retired...
furry_ferret
New Contributor II

It worked! Thanks alot 🙂