Dynamic highlight the selected object in a map serie

Jump to solution
01-09-2024 04:51 AM
SIGAME45
New Contributor II

Hi !

In a map serie configured with a polyline layer, I would like to symbolize the "selected" object in a different color than its original symbology.

And of course ... for each page of the map serie, that the "selected" objet changes dynamically

Thanks !

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Ah, in those cases I like to make two copies of the layer I want to highlight. The first layer can have highlight symbology and a page query using the MATCH option. The second layer has the regular symbology and a page query using the NOT MATCH option. Then you see all the features, but the index feature is symbolized differently. Would that work for you?

Cheers,
Aubri

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

I think a page query on the index feature will solve your problem. Learn about page queries and how to use them here https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/3.1/help/layouts/page-queries.htm.

Cheers,
Aubri
0 Kudos
SIGAME45
New Contributor II

Thanks for the idea @AubriKinghorn ‌‌

I tried it before my question. Page query works good ... but in my try, I don't want to make some objects disappears.

I want to keep all my objects and only highlight with another color the object at the center of my page.

0 Kudos
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Ah, in those cases I like to make two copies of the layer I want to highlight. The first layer can have highlight symbology and a page query using the MATCH option. The second layer has the regular symbology and a page query using the NOT MATCH option. Then you see all the features, but the index feature is symbolized differently. Would that work for you?

Cheers,
Aubri
SIGAME45
New Contributor II

@AubriKinghorn: Genious !

It works perfectly. I feel almost stupid not thinking about it myself 😂

0 Kudos