Bing Maps in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
10-07-2015 08:32 AM
LawrenceBall
New Contributor

Hi folks,

Does anyone know how to get Bing basemaps in ArcGIS Pro?

I have a Bing maps key and have put this into ArcGIS Online>Settings hoping it may then be available in Pro, but didn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lawrence

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

sorry - hit add reply too soon!

to do this, in your organization create a new group and add the Bing basemap to it.  then under the Settings->Map tab, choose the group including the Bing basemap and check the box for "Share the Esri Default Basemaps to this Group when you click Save" to populate the remaining basemaps.

the next time you log into your org from Pro, you should see the Bing Basemap in the list under the Basemap button.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
amroqarrot
New Contributor III

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no information to appreciate that I did not get a copy of it after the free period

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

now that you've added your Bing Key to your org, you should be able to add the Bing basemap to your map in Pro.  However, you may need to add the Bing Basemap to a group in your org to see it in Pro's basemap gallery.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

sorry - hit add reply too soon!

to do this, in your organization create a new group and add the Bing basemap to it.  then under the Settings->Map tab, choose the group including the Bing basemap and check the box for "Share the Esri Default Basemaps to this Group when you click Save" to populate the remaining basemaps.

the next time you log into your org from Pro, you should see the Bing Basemap in the list under the Basemap button.

BobPerham
Occasional Contributor

Huh?? Organization group? What kind of janky work-around is this?  Is there more official instructions on how to add Bing Hybrid basemap to ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Bob,

The organization is where your clients connecting to named users (such as the viewers in ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Pro, if connected to your ArcGIS Online organization) get their list of basemaps. 

This is how the basemaps are populated in clients.  Help topic: Configure map viewer—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

In Pro, you can also just search in portal->All (in the project pane) for "bing" to find the basemaps and add them, if already licensed.

If you need more help, I'd suggest contacting Esri technical support.

Regards,

Jeremy W.

0 Kudos
ANANDC
by
New Contributor III

I recently faced this issue and fixed that.

Register for a bingmaps key

Getting a Bing Maps Key 

and place your key in arcgis online--> organisation --> Maps ---> Bing Maps.

Now Ready to go.

0 Kudos