Basemap gallery not always available for some users

07-03-2023 10:35 PM
tmackay
New Contributor

Hi, we have an issue that has only recently started whereby the basemaps are not available in ArcGIS Pro or Portal products. This affects most of our users but not all of them. I have checked the basemap gallery settings in Portal and AGOL as per other articles i found on here and everything is as expected and no changes to the default gallery have occurred. We are running Pro 2.7.3 and Enterprise 10.8 with ArcGIS server in a HA config across 2 servers.

tmackay_0-1688448133510.png

I have found a workaround but its strange and doesn't appear to stick for overly long. The fix is as follows

- Switch connection in ArcPro to dev or test portal. Verify the basemaps now appear

- Switch connection back to prod and verify the basemaps once again are not available

- Reboot machine

- Re-open ArcPro and now everything works

Keen to hear any further insights into this issue so we can resolve it in a more structured and permanent manner

Tim

0 Kudos
2 Replies
LindsayRaabe_FPCWA
Occasional Contributor III

Would it be worth checking what you have set in your ArcGIS Online Organisation > Settings > Map > Basemap gallery

LindsayRaabe_FPCWA_0-1689138680988.png

Lindsay Raabe
GIS Officer
Forest Products Commission WA
0 Kudos
PowerlinkAMSTeam
New Contributor

Hi Lindsay, thanks for your reply. AGOL gallery set to default as is Enterprise. The gallery is working at the moment but unsure for how long...

PowerlinkAMSTeam_0-1689142473532.png

0 Kudos