ArcMap models in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
03-17-2023 07:58 AM
Labels (1)
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I have some geoprocessing models I created in ArcMap, mainly because I understand VB syntax better than Python. However, I also would like to make these models work in ArcGIS Pro also. So I added the same toolbox I created in ArcMap to my ArcGIS Pro project and am now seeing two copies of each model which I created in ArcMap. The models work as intended in ArcMap so I don't want to mess that up. Since I have copies of each model when looking at them in my ArcGIS Pro project, would I be able to edit one of the copies without affecting the other so it still works in my ArcMap document?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should read this

Migrate ModelBuilder to ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

and making a copy of your arcmap model and using it within Pro would be prudent to say the least.

There link indicates where Pro models can or cannot be used and whether they can be used in different versions with the Pro versions.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You should read this

Migrate ModelBuilder to ArcGIS Pro—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

and making a copy of your arcmap model and using it within Pro would be prudent to say the least.

There link indicates where Pro models can or cannot be used and whether they can be used in different versions with the Pro versions.

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos