Denote Authoritative Content in the Add Data and Catalog Panes

12-15-2022 11:48 AM
Labels (1)
Slamon
by
New Contributor III

When Pro users are searching Enterprise content to add to their maps, there is nothing that indicates what content is authoritative unlike when viewing the content in Portal.  This information is also missing if the user looks at the details window or when looking at metadata in the layer properties.  This can make it very difficult for users to know that they are indeed looking at best data.

9 Comments
KoryKramer
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

Do you use the available filters?

KoryKramer_0-1671136049801.pngKoryKramer_1-1671136080592.png

There are filters and indicators in the Add Data experience as well:

KoryKramer_2-1671136246424.png

Can you please review this information and clarify the idea given the existing functionality?

Thank you

Slamon
by

Hi Kory,
I had not seen the filters, so that is helpful to know.

After applying the filter, I don't see the icons like what you show in your screenshot.  What version of Pro is that?
I think it would be helpful to just see those icons next to the layers without having to apply filters.  

KoryKramer

What version of Pro are you using?

It isn't necessary to apply the filter to see the icons, but of course if you are just interested in Authoritative content, its way faster to filter so that you don't have to scroll through bunch of layers looking for icons. 

NaicongLi
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Slamon
by

Hi @korice We are on v2.6 moving to 3.1 later this year.
I just installed 3.0 for testing and I see that the authoritative and sharing type icons are there.

NaicongLi

Thank you @Slamon for checking!

Currently these icons are showing for portal items in the Catalog view and browse dialogs.  We will also add them to the item info popup for portal items in the Catalog pane.  

KoryKramer

@Slamon that is a separate request. Please keep comments associated to the idea at hand.

See https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-pro-ideas/ability-to-mark-a-portal-item-as-a-favourite/idi-p/11... and add your kudos!

Thank you

NaicongLi
Status changed to: In Product Plan

KoryKramer
Status changed to: Implemented

This Idea has been implemented in ArcGIS Pro 3.2. Please see the What's New documentation for more new features in Pro 3.2.

The Your Ideas in ArcGIS Pro 3.2 blog and video have been posted to the Esri Community blog. You can take a look at these to see your idea and all others that were implemented in this release of ArcGIS Pro.