Catalog Computer tab — Equivalent Project tab folder functionality

04-04-2023 09:36 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Notable Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.1

In the Project tab in the Catalog pane, we have lots of functionality when it comes to folders (via right-clicking on a folder). Such as creating a new geodatabase.

Bud_1-1680625650265.png

But in the Computer tab, we don't seem to have the same functionality. The right-click menu is greyed-out.

Bud_2-1680625826646.png

Could the equivalent folder functionality in the Projects tab be implemented for folders in the Computer tab too? Or am I missing something?

Related: Refresh drive/folder in Computer tab in Catalog pane

Thanks.

2 Comments
NaicongLi
Status changed to: Under Consideration

ThomasHoman

So my idea is that the top level items presented in the Catalog Pane -> Computer tab should have appropriate the appropriate context menu applied. Not the completely disabled context menu presented.

In the Catalog Pane there is the ability to use the Computer as opposed to Project, Portal, or Favorites. A wonderful and much needed addition! Unfortunately the top level user profile items are still suffering so should be considered for correction. 

For example right clicking on the Desktop should provide the additional contextual menus common to other subfolders (refresh option to start) as opposed to the current right click that provides 3 items, all of which are disabled. Since I have opened the conversation, why are all the Desktop folders presented in the Catalog Pane yet suffer from the same lack of management.

I hate to admit I am so disorganized but I tend to use the desktop and downloads for quite a bit of 1off data requests/data management. As it stands now, the only way to refresh the desktop/download at this level is to restart Pro. Yes I can set a Project Folder or navigate into my user profile->Desktop but if the user profile folders are presented at the top level they should be fully enabled for use.