Time Animation in Map Viewer

Jump to solution
03-30-2023 04:02 PM
JimWooten
Occasional Contributor

Is the time animation tool available in Map Viewer?  If so, how do I activate it?  If not, when will it be available? It is available in Map Viewer Classic .  Thanks.

Jim Wooten

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Yes, it is available. First you need to make sure that you have time enabled layers in your map, after that you can make the map time aware.

Configure time settings (Map Viewer)—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Yes, it is available. First you need to make sure that you have time enabled layers in your map, after that you can make the map time aware.

Configure time settings (Map Viewer)—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation

JimWooten
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, Andreas.  I found what I was looking for.  I appreciate the help.

0 Kudos
JimWooten
Occasional Contributor

Hi Andreas,

It doesn't work.  When I try to change the date and time settings, and save the map, the time slider date and time doesn't change on the widget.  See enclosed screen shot.  I set the start and end points for the time slider options to 03/28/2023 7:00:00 AM and 03/30/2023 10:00:00 AM, respectively but the time slider widget at the bottom of the map still shows the start date and time of 2/6/2023 7:00:00 PM and 2/6/2023 8:00:00 PM, respectively even after saving.  How do I correct the time slider widget to reflect the proper day and time?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
AndreasHall
Esri Contributor

Could it be that there is no data in the time interval you are trying to select?

0 Kudos