"OVERWRITE ENTIRE DATA" not an option for me. See Video

02-06-2023 12:08 PM
JonJones1
Occasional Contributor

Hello all,

Please see the video I have linked to. Basically the "overwrite entire data" is not an option for me in my work account but it is in a free trial account. Is there an option I need to adjust in my work account for this option to display? Also, I am an admin in my work account too if that matters.

Edit:  I forgot to mention something else, neither the other Admin of the business account nor myself (also admin)  cannot "overwrite entire data" on anything in Arcgis online. My only option is to always overwrite it through arcgis pro. I cannot do it in arcgis only alone, as I should be able to. 

It's as if the "overwrite entire data" option is turned off for our business account.   

Finally, I did want to say I can append data but never overwrite. 

https://youtu.be/1UY5MKK1-es

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

I scrutinized your video and figured there was a difference between your trial account and your organization account. After experimenting a bit, I discovered that in your trial account you are creating the feature layer from OneDrive in your home folder. In your organization you are creating the feature layer in another folder you have created. 

And that's the difference! I was able to reproduce this on my end and have submitted a bug for correction. Your workaround is to create that feature layer in your home folder, then move it out to another folder in My Contents.

BernSzukalski
Esri Frequent Contributor

In case you want to track with support, the bug number is: #42943

JonJones1
Occasional Contributor

Hey just shot you an email but OMG that was it!   Thank you for working with me to identify the bug, I now no longer have to do all my overwrites through Arcgis Pro. Awesome!

0 Kudos