Enable Sync - Hosted Feature Layer - Unable to save

08-18-2023 11:10 AM
Labels (2)
ModernElectric
Occasional Contributor III

I am presently working on an integration project with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Workforce for our Electric Department composed of our Department Supervisor and electric field crew(s). One of the task(s) is to include our infrastructure in the Dispatcher and Field Worker Map(s) in AGOL and Workforce. As many know, for this to work the Hosted Feature Layer has to have the Enable Editing and Enable Sync checked in the settings for the Hosted Feature Layer.

Currently, I am unable to check Enable Sync, keeps giving me a "Save wasn't successful. Try Again Later" error message. However, it does not give me that error if I Enable Editing. Is this an issue with AGOL OR is there something that I am doing wrong? 

I am working with a Hosted Feature Layer that was uploaded to AGOL via ArcGIS Pro that originated from a File GDB. I have also tried to publish a Web Map via ArcGIS Pro with the same problems. 

Thank You

3 Replies
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

This certainly is an unusual issue. Can we try republishing the layer again via the ArcGIS Pro Contents pane, right clicking the layer > Share as Web Layer?

Can we also confirm if it occurs on any other layers you have uploaded?

Many thanks,

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
HollyTorpey_LSA
Occasional Contributor III

Same issue. In my case I created the layer in ArcGIS Online. If I enable editing, editor tracking and exporting, it saves, but if I enabel sync, it won't save. I have to enable sync because it's a data collection template that will be used offline. I guess based on this thread and this other one, I'm going to have to open it in Pro, save it to a GDB, and then republish it and try again. It's already 8:30 pm so I'm less than thrilled with this last minute development.

HollyTorpey_LSA_0-1709007997851.png

- Holly
0 Kudos
andrewgranttrident
New Contributor

I was able to solve this problem with the help of esri support! For me at least I had fields with the wrong data type (date only, big integer) and I had to either change the data type or remove those fields for the sync to work

0 Kudos