Question about Windows OS requirements at 11.2

Jump to solution
02-08-2024 08:11 AM
DanielBrumm1
Occasional Contributor II

Once we upgrade from Enterprise 10.9 to 11 we are kicking around the idea of adding in a ArcGIS Notebook Server.  The ESRI documentation says that Windows Server 2019 or Windows Server 2022 are supported. It also says that: "Windows Server 2022 is the only operating system that is supported for ArcGIS Notebook Server and Windows containers."

My Question: At Enterprise 11, what is the minimum Windows OS requirement? Is it Windows Server 2019 or 2022?

DanielBrumm1_0-1707408649947.png

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CodyPatterson
Occasional Contributor III

Hey @DanielBrumm1 

I seemingly have missed that information, as my Notebook server is installed on Windows Server 2019 and is operating without much issue at this point. I'd say you'd be safe installing on 2019!

Edit: Also re-reading, when it mentions Windows containers, the VMs that the Notebooks run on seem to only be able to use Windows containers on 2022, with 2019 only being able to use Linux containers, I use Linux through Docker Desktop to use our Notebooks.

Cody

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CodyPatterson

Hey @DanielBrumm1 

I seemingly have missed that information, as my Notebook server is installed on Windows Server 2019 and is operating without much issue at this point. I'd say you'd be safe installing on 2019!

Edit: Also re-reading, when it mentions Windows containers, the VMs that the Notebooks run on seem to only be able to use Windows containers on 2022, with 2019 only being able to use Linux containers, I use Linux through Docker Desktop to use our Notebooks.

Cody

0 Kudos
DanielBrumm1
Occasional Contributor II

@CodyPatterson 

That makes a lot more sense to me now, thanks!

Dan 

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
0 Kudos
CodyPatterson

Hey @DanielBrumm1 

No problem at all! Glad to help out!

Cody

0 Kudos