Notebook Server runtime removal

02-05-2024 02:07 PM
Labels (1)
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

When we upgrade ArcGIS Notebook Server, we have Esri  instructions to install the new runimes as well, but I haven't seen any instructions on how to remove the older runtimes.  Is there a best practice for removing older Notebook runtimes?

My Context:  AGE on Windows Servers, Notebook Server on a Windows 2019 OS running VMWare and Docker for Windows (Linux containers).  We install both Standard and Advanced notebook images.

The Docker for Windows uses a virtual hard drive with a set amount of space.  I need to remove older images (10.8.1 and 10.9.1) because docker says I don't have enough disc space to install the new images.

I tried using the Docker commands to remove images, and they do seem to be gone, but didn't free up space and ArcGIS Notebook Server Manager still lists those runtimes.   There is a delete (trash can) item on the Notebook Server manager beside each runtime, but it is grayed out.

GISP
0 Kudos
1 Reply
o5-f-D
by
New Contributor

Hello! Go to the notebook runtime in the admin console. Add "/unregister" to the end of the url.

https://<server-fqdn>/notebook/admin/notebooks/runtimes/<runtime-id>/unregister

0 Kudos