Autocomplete using tab not working?

08-17-2023 12:13 PM
Labels (1)
WesleyMills
New Contributor

Hey Everyone,

I'm working through an ESRI training on notebooks (repairing data sources in arcpy essentials) and I can not get the autocomplete using the tab button to work when using variable names.

For example, to start the project I can use "import a", hit tab, and scroll down to arcpy.

I can use "aprx = arcpy.", hit tab, and autofill a few times to get "aprx = arcpy.mp.ArcGISProject("Current")"

The next step is brkn = aprx.listBrokenDataSources(). The training says I should be able to use "brkn = aprx." and then hit tab for auofill options. This does not work. The gray circle near ArcGISPro to the top right of the notebook will flicker but no drop down menu appears.

I can also not autocomplete using "brkn = arcpy.mp.ArcGISProject("Current")."

I have repeated this in multiple notebooks with different variable names names/functions/etc.. I have updated ArcGISPro, reinstalled ArcGISPro, removed Anaconda/Jupyter in case it was interfering somehow and I am not having any obvious issues in other python tools.

I have a decent amount of experience with python but almost no experience with notebooks.

Any Idea what is going on?

Thanks, Wes

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WesleyMills
New Contributor

After uninstalling 3.1 and reinstalling 3.0 I have this function working again without changing anything else on the PC. Seems like a bug in 3.1?

0 Kudos