How to Get Number of Running ArcSOCs on a Host Using ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3.1

Jump to solution
02-26-2024 03:36 PM
BHK
by
New Contributor III

Using ArcGIS Monitor 2023.3.1 I need to create an expression to list all running ArcSOCs (Total and a List of them if it is possible) on an ArcGIS Server Host like below. Can you please let me know how to achieve this?

BHK_0-1708990370940.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RyanUthoff
Occasional Contributor III

This is the expression I use to get a total number of ArcSOCs running and then displaying it in a chart (we have multiple servers so we select multiple "ID" and split by the name field to we can see the number of ArcSOCs per machine. If you only have one machine, you'd only select your one machine).

RyanUthoff_0-1709044030760.png

RyanUthoff_1-1709044060003.png

View solution in original post

10 Replies
RyanUthoff

This is the expression I use to get a total number of ArcSOCs running and then displaying it in a chart (we have multiple servers so we select multiple "ID" and split by the name field to we can see the number of ArcSOCs per machine. If you only have one machine, you'd only select your one machine).

RyanUthoff_0-1709044030760.png

RyanUthoff_1-1709044060003.png

DanielBrumm1
Occasional Contributor II

Thats how I have it setup as well

Daniel Brumm
GIS Nerd
BHK
by
New Contributor III

Hi Rayan,

Thanks for your post, but I am not seeing any

Observed At in Category Field

And no Value in Statistic Field

! (second image) and the chart is always empty 

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hi @RyanUthoff , @BHK and/or @DanielBrumm1  - I am in the same position as well. I also do not have an Observed At for a Category and do not see a Value for the Statistic field.  

Does anyone out there have a working example of this? Or point us in to a resource?  @DerekLaw ?  

0 Kudos
BHK
by
New Contributor III

Hi David,

In my case the trick was missing the last join of Metrics Data to the Metrics

BHK_0-1711052136270.png

after updating the expression I got everything up and running 

RyanUthoff

And you also need to set your component to the Windows Host component, not the ArcGIS Server component (at least that's how I have mine configured).

DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @DavidColey,

To query for the number of ArcSOCs running on a host, you can use this data expression:

ArcSOC Query.png

The Identifier field is "process_instances:arcsoc.exe". 

Then you could use the same serial chart configuration that @RyanUthoff mentioned in his post.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
BHK
by
New Contributor III

Hi DerekLaw, is there any GITHUB or somewhere that you guys share some of these Metrics(at least tle most common ones) in a format like image which you shared? se we can follow them and create ours!

Is there any way we can export buitlt-in Metrics expressions?

Thanks

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @BHK,

> ... is there any GITHUB or somewhere that you guys share some of these Metrics(at least tle most common ones) in a format like image which you shared?

Sorry, we don't have anything right now. We are planning on publishing more blogs that show how to configure data expressions for different metrics. For example, we have this one:

5 Useful ArcGIS Server Analysis Elements in ArcGIS Monitor

And we're working on one for enterprise portal content and performance metrics. This will be coming out soon. 

Is there any way we can export built-in Metrics expressions?

This feature enhancement request is in the Dev backlog. We're planning on making this functionality available later this year. 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos