How to view S-57 ENC Geodatabase in Arcpro

09-15-2023 09:00 AM
JoshuaWoodrow
New Contributor

Hello,

I am currently working on a Cat-B course focusing on ENC cell creation using the latest version 3.1 of Pro.

I've figured out how to import an ENC cell into a geodatabase, but cannot for the life of me get things to symbolize correctly. 

Steps I have taken:

Create new file GDB

Import XML Workspace Document (NAUTICAL_ENC_TEMPLATE_GX_EXTCLSID.xml)

Run "Import S-57 to Geodatabase" tool

This is what I get when I add the geodatabase to a new map.

JoshuaWoodrow_0-1694786540694.png

After a little research I discovered I can download the S-57 Nautical.lyrx. I add this layer to my map and repair data sources but am left with this mess.

JoshuaWoodrow_1-1694786938496.png

I guess I just dont understand what I am doing wrong. For reference, the instructor included this .mxd file for use in ArcMap. When I import it into Arcpro it symbolizes fine and I am able to proceed with the next steps to edit the file.

JoshuaWoodrow_2-1694793579361.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CraigTGreene
Occasional Contributor

Hi - the Nautical.lyrx is meant for a specific paper charting workflow. In the same Maritime directory where you found the Nautical.lyrx (which was  under the Charting directory), there is an S-57 directory. In there you will find the Maritime.lyrx. Similar to what you did with the Nautical.lyrx, you just need to repair the data sources and you should be all set. 

By the way, there is also a 20-hour training available on creating ENCs in ArcGIS Pro. That might be useful to your CAT-B program. You can email me directly if you want to discuss this further, or if you have more questions about symbolizing or working with ENC data in a geodatabase. 

cgreene@esri.com or maritime@esri.com both come to me. 

Thanks.

JoshuaWoodrow
New Contributor

Craig!

This is exactly what I was doing wrong, thanks for the point in the right direction. 

I'll look into the ENC training, the more the better as we transition over to the product.

0 Kudos