Using Multiple ArcGIS Cameras

Jump to solution
12-12-2022 04:58 PM
Alexandre-Notos
New Contributor III

I was wondering if it was possible to use multiple ArcGIS Camera at the same time. The issue I'm encountering is terrain LOD flickering as well as uneven LOD on one camera (as in the attached screen shot). 

The setup is the following. One camera is in the gimbal and it's forward vector is represented with the green line. So in the picture it is looking in front of the UAV. The second camera is attach to a spring arm. 

As we can see, from the perceptive of the second camera the terrain on the left is not at the appropriate LOD.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LuisMorales1980
New Contributor II

I've been able to minimize the problem by only having the camera doing the actual rendering use the Arc GISCamera component. I have a scene with multiple cameras but when I go to render, I'm always using the same camera, with Arc GisCam attached as component. If you have multiple cameras with Arc GisCam component attached, that will give lots of artifacts, I think that's because ArcGIS expects just a single camera to figure out position and then it loads tiles based on that. Hope this helps...

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LuisMorales1980
New Contributor II

I've been able to minimize the problem by only having the camera doing the actual rendering use the Arc GISCamera component. I have a scene with multiple cameras but when I go to render, I'm always using the same camera, with Arc GisCam attached as component. If you have multiple cameras with Arc GisCam component attached, that will give lots of artifacts, I think that's because ArcGIS expects just a single camera to figure out position and then it loads tiles based on that. Hope this helps...

Alexandre-Notos
New Contributor III

Thanks for your insight! Just a thing, I'm not sure what do you mean by

@LuisMorales1980 wrote:

I'm always using the same camera, with Arc GisCam attached as component...

Are you adding ArcGIS Camera to a normal Camera Actor?

0 Kudos
Matt_Nelson
Esri Contributor

You can only have one ArcGISCameraComponent in your scene. We use this component to determine what to load, if you have multiple you are seeing a race condition where we are constantly switching what we are loading. As another user pointed out you can only have the camera component on one of you cameras and that will work.