Interactive Legend Instant App: Introduction Panel Not Appearing

12-28-2022 02:10 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello all, 

I have been working on a map in the instant app, interactive legend for a few months, and it is supposed to have an introduction panel that opens on start. The introduction panel used to function properly as little as two weeks ago. However, now it does not open when I start the app, and clicking on the widget won't open it either. As far as I can tell none of the setting have changed. (See below)

EldonTaskinen_0-1672265248789.png

Please let me know if there is anything that can be done. Thank you.

17 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

What happens if you open the app in an incognito browser? Does the info panel show up? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

The info panel does not show up when I open the app in incognito mode.

0 Kudos
JimMiller3
New Contributor III

I am having the same issue with an app I created yesterday. The introduction panel does not open and clicking on the widget doesn't do anything. Thank you for any assistance.

JimMiller3_0-1672457611330.png

0 Kudos
JeffThomasILM
Occasional Contributor II

I'm also having the same problem - the intro panel will not work with the interactive legend template. (It does work with other templates, though.) The intro panel will not pop up at start or when clicking the button in the upper-right corner. Doesn't matter what browser, what platform, incognito or normal. Has a bug been filed on this yet?

0 Kudos
OliviaIldefonso
New Contributor II

I'm having the same problem. My nonprofit is just about to release a map to the public and now the introduction is not showing up at all. I'm wondering if anyone from ESRI has a solution to this. Thanks!

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

This is a known issue with Interactive Legend and will be fixed in the next release of ArcGIS Online. 

0 Kudos
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hello, 
This bug has been reported and logged. We have taken a closer look at this and there appears to be an issue within the app code. A fix will be implemented and included at the next ArcGIS Online update. 

In the meantime, here are a list of apps that also support an introduction panel:
- 3D Viewer
- Attachment Viewer
- Chart Viewer
- Exhibit
- Insets
- Media Map
- Nearby
- Portfolio
- Sidebar
- Slider
- Zone Lookup

We apologize for any inconveniences. I'll be sure to post an update once the issue has been resolved in the Interactive Legend app. 

Best regards,
Ryan

RaushanBhuiyan
New Contributor

Hi Ryan, 

Any update on the status of resolving this bug? I have two public web maps that have an introduction panel. Replacing the links to those web maps which have already been distributed widely in my organization would be quite a tedious process so hoping to hear more about the resolution of this bug. 

Thanks, 

Raushan

0 Kudos
RyanLibed
Esri Contributor

Hi @RaushanBhuiyan,

This bug has been logged and will be resolved at the February ArcGIS Online update. I will post an update here. 

Thanks,
Ryan

0 Kudos