Insets App Predefined Basemap Options

Jump to solution
03-13-2023 03:35 PM
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

I'm configuring an insets app and really like the predefined contiguous US + Alaska and Hawaii option but when I choose that option it overrides my basemap settings.

ArielLow2146_0-1678746949243.png

Is there any way to take advantage of the predefined inset option while maintaining the basemap I configured with the map or just having no basemap at all?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Matt_Payne
New Contributor II

Hey Ariel,

This is expected behavior with the predefined layouts. This is because they project each inset map and the main map's data into each area's appropriate coordinate systems (ie Alaska displays in Alaska Albers Equal Area Conic). To preserve the look and feel of your web map and its settings such as the basemap and bookmarks, use custom mode to generate insets.

-Matt

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Matt_Payne
New Contributor II

Hey Ariel,

This is expected behavior with the predefined layouts. This is because they project each inset map and the main map's data into each area's appropriate coordinate systems (ie Alaska displays in Alaska Albers Equal Area Conic). To preserve the look and feel of your web map and its settings such as the basemap and bookmarks, use custom mode to generate insets.

-Matt

0 Kudos
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

@Matt_Payne thanks! It would be cool in the future to be able to take advantage of the appropriate coordinate systems while maintaining the basemap styling but I'll stick with the custom mode for now.

0 Kudos