Public content not visible in ArcGIS Hub

12-08-2019 11:51 PM
AleksandraZietara
New Contributor III

Hello, I have a site on ArcGIS Hub which is shared Public. Most of my data are also going to be public in order to let everyone download different datasets. 

I experience some strange behavior today. When a hosted feature layer from ArcGIS Online is shared only with my organization and ArcGIS Hub Content group, it is visible in Content Library in Hub as expected. However, when I share a feature class with everyone (and still ArcGIS Hub Content group), the feature class disappears from Content Library and is no longer visible in my Hub Site. 

I have tested ArcGIS Hub for couple of weeks ago and as I remember I did not have any problems with content shared publicly. What is the right way to use hosted features layers shared with everyone in ArcGIS Hub?

11 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Aleksandra,

Can you please forward your site URL so we can investigate?

Thanks,

Patrick

0 Kudos
AleksandraZietara
New Contributor III

Hi,

This is just a test site, not so much configured there yet: Open Data Fiskeridirektoratet 

Aleksandra 

0 Kudos
SustainabilityOffice
New Contributor

Hi,

I'm experiencing this exact same issue with my Hub, I was wondering if there is a solution to this issue?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all, 

My public content is visible on the site, however, it doesn't appear in the content library even if I added it, or doesn't come up as a result of a search. Could anyone from Esri please provide guidance about that? 

Best, 

Begum  

0 Kudos
NEidenAZ
New Contributor II

I'm experiencing the same behavior - did anyone come up with a solution? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone, 

I was able to solve it by making "the hub group" publicly visible in ArcGIS Online. This might create concern about sharing sensitive data which is your subscriber content, but that won't be a problem. Your subscriber content won't be publicly available to everyone since you only share the "group" with the public not the content in it. 

Hope this helps.

Best,

Begum 

ArianaToth
New Contributor III

I'm also having this same problem. Making the hub group publicly visible did not work for me. 

Current Group settings:

[Group] Content - Viewable by everyone (public); Membership for my organization only

[Group] Core Team - Viewable by all organization members; Membership for my organization only

Hub site: https://planning-dept-giffels-webster.hub.arcgis.com/ 

The apps underlined in red in the attached image are located on other AGO sites and are shared publicly but do not open from my hub. They all display the following error:

"Page Not Found. This page may have been moved or deleted. Try searching for it from the homepage."

--Ariana
0 Kudos
MozaAlhemaidi
New Contributor II

I have the same issue with my current Hub site, I can't search to find the data and there is no data in the library, even though in edit mode it shows all the group's data.

0 Kudos
dns
by
New Contributor III

Can anyone from Esri confirm why content that is shared public wouldn't show in the Content for a Hub? I am struggling to understand why it works like this, if it's a bug, if Esri is aware of it, or if there are any workarounds. It drastically limits the uses for a Hub if we can't view items that are shared to public.

0 Kudos